Announcing our 2021 Grants Slate
The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio is pleased to announce our 2021 grants slate with a total of $251,900 going to 21 grant partners.
During the last 12 months, the economic fallout caused by the pandemic has exacerbated gender and racial inequities and has laid bare the systemic barriers that have always held women, especially women of color, back. As The Women’s Fund kicks off its 20th year and second generation of impact, it’s more important than ever that we continue to seek out and name these gender and racial inequities and remove systemic barriers forever.
Last summer, we conducted our first-ever immediate impact grantmaking program to quickly provide capacity-building dollars to grassroots organizations on the frontlines, and last month, we launched the Enduring Progress Initiative with our largest investment ever to build the capacity of Zora’s House.
With the 2021 annual grants slate, we’re investing in experts and advocates who will advance policy to ensure women aren’t forced out of their jobs when crisis hits. We’re investing in leaders who will continue to break down barriers to power. We’re investing in women of color-led organizations who are building movements to create social change. We’re investing in girls whose leadership will accelerate progress for us all.
Despite the difficult year we’ve navigated, we’re still able to courageously invest in equity because of your generous investments in us. Please help us celebrate our 2021 grant partners by donating $21 to The Women’s Fund today and build momentum for the future of our work this year and beyond.
2021 ANNUAL GRANT PARTNERS
We invite you to learn more about the following grant partners here.
Economic Empowerment: Women’s Health
- Bhutanese Community of Central Ohio, W.O.K.E.
- Equitas Health, Hey Gurl Hey
- Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio, Peer Education Program
- Restoring Our Own Through Transformation (ROOTT), Reproductive Justice and Comprehensive Sexual Education Program
- US Together, Inc., New American Reproductive Choice Initiative
Economic Empowerment: Paid Leave, Child Care, Pay Equity
- Groundwork Ohio, a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives, Child Care Advocacy
- Innovation Ohio Education Fund, The Ohio Women’s Public Policy Network
- Ohio Poverty Law Center, Advocacy for Women Unemployed Due to COVID-19
- Policy Matters Ohio, Just and Equitable Child Care
Leadership: Advocacy & Running for Office
- League of Women Voters of Ohio, Women’s Voices: Next Generation of Women Leaders
- Muslim Family Services of Ohio, New Voter-Smart Voter
- VoteRunLead, RUN51 Ohio: Infusing the State Legislature with Barrier-Breaking Women Leaders
- Central Community House, Black Girls Thrive: Building Creativity, Wellness and Leadership
- Eryn PiNK Ltd., Lunch Girl Talk Virtual School Program, She’s Gold Leadership Program and Give that Girl the Mic*
- Girls on the Run of Central Ohio, Girls on the Run of Central Ohio, Columbus City Schools*
- Helpline of Delaware & Morrow Counties, Inc., TGIF Leadership Cohort*
- Proyecto Mariposas, Valiente l Fuerte l Latina*
- YWCA Columbus, Bright Futures
Leadership: Women’s Influence on Policy
- Central Ohio Women in the Trades, Build Up! Developing Allyship Between Tradeswomen and Decision Makers
- Godman Guild Association, Educate, Empower, Elevate (E3) Advocacy Program
- Horizon Prison Initiative, Returning Women’s Advocacy Group
* Recipient of funds raised by the Monica Terez Girl Power Fund