We celebrate every woman and girl’s participation – regardless of her ethnicity, race, age, sexual orientation, economic status, or faith. We empower women and girls to receive, providing them opportunities reach their full potential. We gather women and girls together at events throughout the year – to educate and to celebrate.
Gender By Us™ Facilitator Workshop: How to host a conversation and build connections
Change is ignited when conversation is sparked. Participate in a two-part training to be equipped with the tools to host a Gender By Us™ conversation. Learn how to initiate dialogue about societal expectations of gender and address implicit bias. Utilize your influence to disrupt rigid social norms and mobilize action.
September 12 │5:30-7pm │The Women’s Fund office- 2323 W 5th Ave. Columbus, OH 43204 Suite 230
- Night one: Participate in a Gender By Us™ conversation while learning how to facilitate a conversation and prepare to host your own in the next two months. You will leave with a clear understanding of implicit bias, a toolkit, and the confidence to disrupt rigid gender norms.
November 9 │5:30-7pm│The Women’s Fund office- 2323 W 5th Ave. Columbus, OH 43204 Suite 230
- Night two: Connect with other facilitators and reflect on the experiences you found to be successful through hosting your own Gender By Us™ conversations and how others used the toolkit to stimulate powerful dialogue.
Cost: $35 for the series; scholarships available
Advocacy in Action: State Government 101
Begin to create a community of change-makers. Our forums will move you off the sidelines and onto the frontlines of social change. In the first of a series of workshops, you will be armed with the tools to channel your passion into advocacy.
September 19│5:30-7pm│The Women’s Fund office- 2323 W 5th Ave. Columbus, OH 43204 Suite 230
- At this Government 101 forum you will learn what you can do at the state level to move the needle for social change. This includes how to contact your state legislators, find information about legislation that matters to you, and submit testimony on a bill that you care about.
Cost: $10; scholarships available.
Stay tuned for more events coming soon
Equal Pay Day through an Intersectional lens
The reality of the pay gap persists, and we’re committed to disrupting it. In April, we highlighted this gap with #WageWeek, a week long initiative to connect voices in the community by looking at the pay gap and gender bias through Gender By Us™ conversations.
To keep the conversation going, on July 31, we went live on Facebook with Linda Kanney of the National Coalition for 100 Black Women Central Ohio Chapter to discuss this disparity and why it matters that we use an intersectional lens when looking at the pay gap.
The United State of Women has launched the Galvanize Program, a nationwide effort to turn the passion of women across the country into strategic action.
Columbus will host a Galvanize mini-summit August 12-13, to mobilize, inspire, and empower women with the tools to lead in their local communities. The Galvanize Program in Columbus will train participants to take action today to change tomorrow.
"By convening voices ready to advocate for women and girls, we will influence the greater conversation." said Nichole Dunn, President & CEO of The Women's Fund of Central Ohio and Co-Chair of the Columbus Galvanize Program.
The Galvanize Program will allow participants to explore gender equality issues and a broad set of national and local policies that impact women and their communities. Attendees will choose one of five tracks based on their interests to receive in-depth and skills-based training developed by national partner organizations.
- Political Candidates – Training developed by Vote, Run, Lead
- Campaign Management – Training developed by Wellstone
- Grassroots Organizing – Training developed by Midwest Academy
- Leadership – Training developed by Bossed Up
- Entrepreneurship – Training developed by BRAVA Investments
Learn more and register here.
Every quarter we open our office doors and offer the opportunity for you to stop by and learn more about the work of The Women's Fund. It’s an evening to share and connect with others committed to the potential of women and girls.