2020 GRANT PARTNERS
BOLD IMPACT IN CENTRAL OHIO
The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio is proud to make its largest annual grants investment to date with a total of $335,500 going to 28 grant partners in 2020. Programs awarded funding are creating social change for women and girls through economic empowerment and leadership development opportunities in central Ohio.
The Women’s Fund is deeply committed to increasing investments in programs that transform the lives of women of color. Through its recent unprecedented research report studying the wealth gap faced by central Ohio women, we found that a single black woman owns only 2 cents for every dollar owned by a single white man.
Moreover, industry data indicates that only 0.6% of national grantmaking dollars go to programs seeking to positively impact women of color. With this year’s grant slate, The Women’s Fund will invest 47 times the national rate in organizations focused specifically on opportunities for women of color.
To learn about the collective impact of our 2020 grantmaking, visit here.
2020 Annual Grant Partners:
Economic Empowerment: Advancing Comprehensive Sex Education
- Bhutanese Community of Central Ohio (BCCO): W.O.K.E. (Women of Knowledge and Excellence)
- CelebrateOne & Columbus Women’s Commission: Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Equitas Health: LBTQ+ Sexual Health Education “Boot Camp” Pilot
- Restoring Our Own Through Transformation (ROOTT): Sex Ed, Reproductive Justice, and You
Leadership: Mobilizing Women’s Voices
- Central Ohio Women in the Trades: Build Up!
- Girl Scouts of Ohio’s Heartland: Voter Girl Program
- Groundwork Ohio: Child Care Workforce Grassroots Advocacy
- John Glenn College of Public Affairs, The Ohio State University Foundation: POWER: NEW Leadership Ohio & Ready to Run Campaign Training for Women
- LEAD Ohio: Women LEADing Ohio
- League of Women Voters of Ohio Education Fund: Women’s Voices: Next Generation of Women Leaders
- Muslim Family Services of Ohio: New Voter-Smart Voter
- Ohio University Foundation, Lancaster Campus: The Status of Women in SE Central Ohio: Women’s Leadership and Public Policy Study and Curriculum Development
- US Together, Inc.: New American Girls Leadership Program
- VoteRunLead: RunAsYouAre™ Political Leadership Trainings
Leadership: Accelerating Potential
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio, Inc.: Girls Leadership Program at Camp Oty’Okwa
- Eryn PiNK Ltd. : Give That Girl the Mic – Columbus’ All Girl Talent Showcase, Lunch Box Girl Talk School Program, and She’s Gold Leadership & Development Program
- Femergy: The Enrichment Institute for Women (EIW)
- Glow Up!: Glow Up! Camp
- HelpLine of Delaware & Morrow Counties, Inc: Thank Goodness I’m Female (TGIF) Leadership Cohort
- NAWBO Columbus Foundation: Women’s Entrepreneurship Venture Studio
- Otterbein University: Otterbein Women’s Leadership Network
- Proyecto Mariposas: Valiente | Fuerte
- United Schools Network: Rocking ROX at USN
- United Way of Central Ohio: E3 Advocacy Program – Educate, Empower, Elevate
- YWCA Columbus: Bright Futures